Get a taste of Sarasota’s architecture, history, cuisine and more! Visit four unique restaurants and sample some scrumptious foodie delights throughout the city.
- From :
- $ 74.95
- This is an exclusive tour of the Sarasota Farmers Market in our lively downtown area, lead by local and nationally recognized chef and culinary authority Tommy Klauber, where you will personally learn how to select the finest and freshest produce, cheeses, fish, herbs, spices, olive oils, and other savory ingredients.
- You will be sampling amazing flavors from our choice of top vendors as you go.
- As you stroll through the market visiting various culinary vendor tents, your chef will teach you what to look for when buying organic, what colors to look for in ripened fruits and vegetables, and other nuggets of knowledge that you can take back to your own kitchen!
- Chef Tommy will also provide a cooking demonstration in which YOU will be able to taste one of his special recipes.
- Market bag to keep and recipes included on this tour.
- This food tour experience will have you feeling like an ‘in-the-know’ local by the end.
Time: 9 a.m. on Saturdays
Duration: 2 1.2 hours
Where to meet: The Fat Chef Statue on corner of Main and Lemon outside Mattisons Grill & Restaurant in downtown Sarasota.
Includes: Your personal tour of the Sarasota Farmers Market with your chef tour guide and MANY tastings along the way! Market gift bag and recipe cards included on this tour!
Attire: Comfortable walking shoes
Weather: Rain or shine, so please dress for the weather
Parking: We suggest that you park in the 2nd Street City Parking Garage above the Whole Foods parking. The entrance to the 4 hr free parking on levels 2-4 is on 2nd St.
Parking is also available in the State Street parking garage on State Street. Please be aware that the City of Sarasota is now charging for parking after three hours. The fourth hour is $3 and it it $1 per hour after that.
Please note that all Sarasota tours require a minimum of four people. This does not mean one party must book four individuals, but that our total headcount achieves the minimum. We will notify you if we have not reached this capacity and will always strive to accommodate our valued guests!
Congratulations to the Sarasota Farmers Market who is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year!
We are proud to support them!
“This is a new and novel way to bring the Farmers market to life”, says Phil Pagano, Executive Director of Sarasota Farmers Market. “We are very proud of the variety and quality of vendors at the market and this tour will highlight their uniqueness as we celebrate our 40th year. Education is one of our goals and we see this tour and the cooking demonstration as adding another layer of fun and education for the thousands of people who come visit our robust and unique Sarasota Farmers Market each year .We encourage folks to sign up and see a part of the market they may not have experienced before”.