We are looking for fun, energetic and engaging folks
with a PASSION for the Sarasota area to join our tour team!
- We will provide the training for you to be an awesome tour leader
- We will provide ongoing training to further build your knowledge & history of the area
- No experience is necessary but it is absolutely a bonus!
- We have found that people who can tell a great story, are actors/actresses or just love history or food make the BEST guides!
Some Questions to Ask Yourself before Applying
- Do you have a outgoing personality and just enjoy meeting new people?
- Are you passionate about where we live and does the idea of sharing it through stories & food sound exciting?
- Are you energetic?
- Are you someone who can keep to a schedule, yet think quick on your feet and adjust to unexpected changes?
- Do you think you can keep guests entertained and happy?
- Would you be able to walk not only on our fabulous weather days but sometimes in the rain or heat?
- Are you willing to continuously be learning more about our amazing paradise and then share your knowledge with our guests?
- Are you looking for a part-time to full-time job which may be seasonal OR year-round, yet offers flexible days and scheduling?
- Our tours run year-round with demand highest during the winter/spring months. Since we offer numerous tours under both Key Culinary and Sarasota Suncoast Tours, (they are located in downtown Sarasota, St. Armands Circle, Venice and Anna Maria Island) you will have a choice of where appeals to you
- Do you need benefits? At the present time there are no benefits available but lots of fun while ‘working’ is guaranteed!
- Are YOU ready to leave your grinding ‘crap job’ that you hate and start on a new path in your life?
If the answers are YES! then here is what YOU could be doing as a food tour guide with Key Culinary Tours:
- You will ultimately be leading groups of up to 10 guests on each tour that you are assigned
- You will be expected to arrive on time at each pre-scheduled stop with your group
- You will be enjoying sharing the history and stories unique to each tour while heading to each of our tour partner stops
- You will be having FUN while also being an ambassador for the Sarasota area
- You will be attending training sessions to up your game to ensure your success as an amazing tour leader!
- NOTE: You must individually certify on each tour before learning next tour (cross certifications allow you to be assigned more opportunities)
Sound Interesting? Do You Think You’ve Got What it Takes?
Are you ready to leave that lackluster job you have that has your eyes glazed over most of the time and do something fun? Exciting? Unique? Send us a brief bio and tell us about yourself. We don’t want to know the job you had flipping burgers, we want to know about YOU. What makes you tick? What gives you passion? Make us see how much fun, and real, and interesting you are!
If you want extra credit send us a brief video (less then 2 min.) and let us see your personality shine! (Video not mandatory but nice if you can do it).
Please remember you can’t bribe us with flowers, candy, drinks or follow-up emails.
We get a lot of interest from folks who think tour guiding is easy-pezzy and anyone can be a guide. Trust us, they can’t!
We WILL look at all bios/videos and we will be in touch if we think you may be a good fit our tour team.
It’s time to for YOU to let us know why you think you would make an AMAZING guide!
Send to [email protected] (no phone calls please).