Get a taste of Sarasota’s architecture, history, cuisine and more! Visit four unique restaurants and sample some scrumptious foodie delights throughout the city.
“Really awesome! The food was terrific and just the right portions.
Not too much walking! We all had a great time!!” – Cynthia C.
Immerse Yourself in the Food, the Culture and the History of… Anna Maria Island, FL
This little gem of an island has so much to offer in history, culture, and FOOD! As you stroll along its sunny streets you will be stopping at locals’ favorite spots while discovering some recent additions to the island. The laid-back pace of this casual yet informative tour has quickly made it a favorite of our guests.
- You will be stopping at four of our local favorite restaurants to taste samples of the best that they each have to offer. You will soon realize why they are so popular!
- We have also included a bonus stop on this tour where you can learn about Anna Maria Island salt and other products.
- Your local guide will share the island’s intriguing history throughout the tour on your leisurely stroll. You will learn how the beautiful beaches of AMI have been beckoning tourists for years, then turning them into residents and how Anna Maria went from being an uninhabited barrier island to the #1 vacation spot in Manatee County.
- The tour includes stops at historic sites along our route.
- Tours fill quickly so book early!
- Tour times: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wednesday through Saturday by prior reservation only.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Attire: Casual attire and comfortable walking shoes – please no swimsuits. Shorts & flip flops are entirely appropriate, after all… it is an island!
Includes: All food and restaurant gratuities are included in the ticket price. If you enjoyed your tour, tips are accepted and greatly appreciated by our tour guides.
Weather: Tours run rain or shine!
Location: Tours begin on the corner IN FRONT OF Ginny’s & Jane E’s Cafe and Gift Store (which was the original IGA grocery) at the corner of Gulf Dr. & Magnolia St. Please do NOT park in their lot or you will be subject to towing. There is a four-way stop at that intersection and the address for google maps is: 9807 Gulf Dr, Anna Maria, FL 34216.
Traffic to Anna Maria Island: Please keep in mind that there is a single bridge to & from the island and be sure to allow ample time for your travel there. You could fill in your time until the tour with a beach walk or wander inside one of the many little shops! Better to be early then being stuck in traffic & risk missing the beginning of the tour!
Parking: Currently you are allowed to park on the street unless signage prevents. If you turn down many of the side streets will see many grass or gravel areas to utilize. NOTE – ALL 4 tires MUST be off the road or you will receive a parking ticket & you must park facing the same direction of the traffic flow.
Please note: All tours require a minimum of 4 people. This does not mean one party must book 4 individuals, but that our total headcount achieves the minimum. We will notify you if we have not reached this capacity and will always strive to accommodate our valued guests!